Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This Is Another Reason Why I Love My Job!

I know I have said before how much I love my job.

But let me tell you how funny these kids are!

Every year we put together what is called our turkey book and we ask each child by their selves details about how to cook a turkey.

The first question I ask them is : Where do you go to get your turkey?

Now of course we get a lot of wal-mart, dollar store answers but thankfully we still get some from the farm or the woods.

Not like I go hunting for our Thanksgiving turkey but secretly I have always wished we lived in the woods and Papa would go out hunting for our Thanksgiving meal.

I am not even sure if Papa has ever shot a gun off .

Any way another question I ask is : What do you have to do to get the turkey ready to cook?

My favorite response this year was you have to cut it up ........but the turkey doesn't like it!

Or What other kinds of foods are you going to have with your thanksgiving dinner?

So far at our pre-k children's thanksgiving dinners there will be eggs, bacon, ice cream, cookies and chicken nuggets served a plenty!

I cant give away all the funny stuff that the kids have said in our little book since Heather has a baby in our class and I dont want to ruin it for her.

This makes me want to try to dig out Baby Girl's turkey book to re-read what she said when she was in pre-k.

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't wait!! I'll bet my little baby said eggs - because she's that addicted to cholesterol!!